Monday, June 16, 2008

The Color Purple

Hey people! So just yesterday, I started reading this book called The Color Purple by Alice Walker. So far, it's been pretty interesting. But I'm still confused when it takes place. Most likely, I think it's in like the 1800s or something cause they talk about women like they're slaves. Can anyone tell me? Also, I want suggestions on some cool books to read this summer! I asked my cousins and they're on the same page as me. I'll be interested in any books. Thanks people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this information is right because I've never read the book, just have seen the movie. It might take place in the 1950s and 1960s or somewhere around there b/c the African Americans were still being segregated and discriminated against during that time period close to the early to mid 1900s. Oh geez, I need to read more, I remember that I started "The Color Purple" but I've never finished it. :(